divendres, 19 de novembre del 2010

ORAL PRESENTATION ABOUT TIM BURTON

There's my oral presentation. I was nervous, so it's horrible. But well.


I'm Natàlia Sellés and now I'm going to talk about Tim Burton, as always.

At first I have to say that Tim is an american film director, writter and artist. Burton started to record short films using stop motion when he was 13. He was a very introspective person, and he wasn't a very good student, but he found his pleasure painting, writing, watching films,... He loved terror films, and his favorite actor was Vincent Price.

Well, I have said that Tim is a writer too. He had written a book of poems called The Melancholy Dead of Oyster Boy, and in this book are strange poems. For example, this drawing is Stain Boy, a character of one of his poems.
But the most famous poem of him is The Nightmare Before Christmas, a poem that he wrote and then Henry Selick convert it in a film.

Tim Burton has got his own style, that is characterized mainly by the darkness and gothic look. 
In all his films appears a lot of spirals, dead dogs, because the dog is his favorite animal, clowns, scarecrows...
A lot of his films take place on Christmas, and appears the relation between father and son.
The characters are lonely, pale, with dark hair, high and very thin, with big eyes but small mouth.

Another characteristic of Tim Burton is that he use many times the same actors. The two importants are Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter; Johnny has been in 7 movies of him, because he's his best friend since they met in Edward Scissorhands. And Helena is his wife, and she has been in 6 movies of him. Then are Christopher Lee, Winona Ryder, Jack Nicholson,... who have appeared in several movies of him. 

Another great characteristic of his movies, I think, is the music. Danny Elfman has been the composer of all his movies, except Sweeney Todd and Ed Wood. In my opinion he's a great musician, and I think that a movie of Tim Burton and the music of Danny Elfman are a great combination.

To finish I'd like to talk about his future projects: Frankenweenie, Dark Shadows and Maleficient.
Frankenweenie at first was a short film about a boy who revives his dog, and now he's recording it as a large film in black and white. 
Then, when he will finish Frankenweenie, he will record Dark Shadows, a story of vampires starring by Johnny Depp.
And finally, he maybe will record Maleficient, a remake of Sleeping Beauty story, and it will be starring by Angelina Jolie.

As conclusion, I think that Tim Burton has got a great talent, and I like his own style, and I hope that he will record a lot of movies more. 

Well, it was my oral presentation, and that's all.



Self-evaluation:
In my opinion I did it quite well. I was nervous, but I talked about 5 minutes, and I think that you could understand my english. I read at the paper many times... that's the problem.
Sorry Emma for not knowing very well the answer... xD

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada