dijous, 4 de novembre del 2010

The Shire

The Shire is a fictitious place created by Tolkien in The Lord of the Rings. It's situated at the West of the Middle Earth, and it was, since the 17th century of the Third Aged of the Sun, the home of the hobbits.
The Shire is described as a small but beautiful and fruitful land, beloved by its inhabitants. The Hobbits had an extensive agricultural system in the Shire but were not industrialised. Various supplies were produced in the Shire, including cereals, fruit, wood and pipe-weed.

The hobbits live in "holes" into the green hills. I think that their houses are warm and very beautiful.

Except in few natural disasters and with the only raid of orks in 2747, the green lands of The Shire were a pacific region, and their habitants didn't know almost anything of the world outside.

However, the peace of The Shire was altered unexpectedly. The hobbit Bilbo Baggins found the ring of the Dark Lord, Sauron. Bilbo, after all, gave the ring at his nephew Frodo Baggins. 


Another of my dreams (yes, I have a lot.) is live in The Shire. Since I saw the Lord of The Rings when I was 7, I want to live there. So New Zealand is the best place for me. I know that when I'll go to Matamata (Hobbiton), there won't be hobbits, but the houses still being there!
It seems it's the most peaceful place in the world. All the hobbits seem happy, they're always singing, dancing, smiling, laughing, smoking, drinking, loving... Certainly, for me it's the greatest place where anyone can go. It's a longing that I've never known... and unfortunately, I won't never know. That's the price I have to pay for dream.


One thing that I love, is listen the soundtrack of The Lord of the Rings. It can carry me to the Middle-Earth... 
 

It's... it's... I can't explain with words how make me feel this song. I'm feeling like a hobbit, who lives in The Shire, happy and smiling. I'm feeling good, without problems, as if I live in another (and more better) world. I'm flying away... 

In my village festival in summer, at the end of the concert they put this song and I almost cry. (yes, I'm very sensitive...) I was feeling like a real hobbit who lives really in The Shire. Moreover, it seemed the real Shire, because the festival was celebrated in the forest of the village, and all the people were dancing, smiling, drinking, smoking and all they were happy as hobbits.  

So all that I have to do now is wait. Wait to grow up and go to New Zealand...

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada