dilluns, 8 de novembre del 2010

May it be - Enya

I want to talk about a song that's very special for me. The song is May it Be, by Enya. He's a great singer in my opinion... he has an incredible and sweet voice... :)

I think that this song is talking about Frodo Baggins. Well, I'm sure. The song seems that gives hopeless to Frodo with his mission of destroy the Ring. It may be is talking about Sam, Gandalf, Aragorn, Merry, Pippin, Legolas, Gimli... or all the people who fighted against Sauron.. but I have always thought with Frodo everytime that I have listened the song.... Uff.. I have sang this song to Frodo so many times :) he was my first "love" when I was 7 or 8!


I believed that he could do the mission because he has a strong character,. I always was beside him, altough he couldn't see me. And he still being very special for me... He's my little hobbit!
 

The Fellowship of the Ring


So now I'm going to translate this incredible song which I sang to him so many times...


May it be an evening star // Tant de bo que una estrella nocturna
Shines down upon you // Brilli sobre tu
May it be when darkness falls // Tant de bo que quan la foscor caigui
Your heart will be true // El teu cor sigui verdader.
You walk a lonely road // Recorres un camí solitari
Oh! How far you are from home // Oh! Que lluny estàs de casa...

Mornie utúlië (darkness has come)
// La foscor ha arribat
Believe and you will find your way // Creu i trobaràs el teu camí
Mornie alantië (darkness has fallen) // La foscor ha caigut
A promise lives within you now // Una promesa viu en tu ara

May it be the shadows call
// Tant de bo que la trucada de les ombres
Will fly away // Voli ben lluny.
May it be you journey on // Tant de bo que el teu viatge continuï
To light the day // Per il·luminar el dia.
When the night is overcome // Quan la nit es venç
You may rise to find the sun // Tu t'aixeques per trobar el sol.

Mornie utúlië (darkness has come)
// La foscor ha arribat
Believe and you will find your way // Creu i trobaràs el teu camí
Mornie alantië (darkness has fallen) // La foscor ha caigut
A promise lives within you now // Una promesa viu en tu ara

A promise lives within you now
// Una promesa viu en tu ara.

There's the video:


This song is sweet and striking at the same time... I love it :)

As a conclusion, yes, may be all the people will think that I'm... inmature? a dreamer? a person who doesn't live in the real world? well, and if it's true... what happens? I'm happy living in my own world where all is possible, and where I can love Frodo altough he doesn't "exist"... because for me all this is real. I'm in my own Neverland... yes, it's true that all this happens into my head... but this doesn't mean it isn't real!

I love this photo...

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada