dimarts, 9 de novembre del 2010

Danny Elfman and Howard Shore

Danny Elfman

He was born May 29 in 1953, is an American musician, best known for composing music for television and movies. He is a frequent collaborator with long-time friend Tim Burton and has scored most of his films (the exceptions being Ed Wood and Sweeney Todd).
Elfman is famous too, for creating The Simpsons main title theme, and his role as Jack Skellington's singing voice in The Nightmare Before Christmas.
I heard about him through Tim Burton movies, altough when I was younger I had listened a lot of his soundtracks without knowing that was scored by him. I love the music he does, I think that's awesome. He has a great talent and he can change the movie with only his music...
Tim Burton and Danny are a great team. They have a good combination between the movie and the music. They can create magic!

I like listen songs by him. Normally I listen the songs of him that appears in Burton's movies, but I listen of the other movies too, and I think that all them are fantastic. The soundtrack of Spider Man is scored by him, and I remember that when I was younger I loved it very much, but I didn't know who was Danny Elfman.

If I have to choose a song of him... it's difficult, but I think that I would choose The Ice Dance of Edward Scissorhands. May be because this song/movie is very special for me...
Here in the blog, there's The Ice Dance in the mixpod :)

That's a mix of Danny Elfman. I can't stop to listen it!


I hope that he will do a lot of songs more! (and if he works with Tim... better!)

Tim Burton and Danny Elfman.



Howard Shore

Howard was born October 19 of 1946. He's a Canadian composer, notable for his film scores. He has composed the scores for over 40 movies, but he's famous for the soundtrack of The Lord of the Rings trilogy, for which he won three Academy Awards.


He's my another favorite musician. I know who is him for The Lord of the Rings. When I listened the soundtrack some years ago, it impressed me a lot. It was as a revelation for me... My brother, who is a great fan of the trilogy too, bought all the CDs of the soundtrack by Howard Shore, and I started to listen his music.

Well, I haven't listened a lot of music of him, like Danny Elfman. Only The Lord of the Rings, Ed Wood, and some more... But I know that he has a great talent, and I think that The Lord of the Rings is awesome for the soundtrack too.
Really, now I want to explain the way his music makes me feel, but I can't. I don't find any words! May be is because is like magic... I don't know. Only I want to say: INCREDIBLE. 

In the mixpod of my blog, there are two songs of the soundtrack of The Lord of the Rings. In dreams (very beautiful and so sweet...), and Concerning Hobbits! I love it!! When I'm listening it I'm feeling as I'm in The Shire... 

One mix of him :

 
:)


 Peter Jackson and Howard Shore

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada