dilluns, 16 d’abril del 2012

EAST AFRICAN FAMINE (SOMALIA)

"Tens of thousands of Somalis have died of malnutrition-related causes; three million Somalis are in urgent need of aid and more than 10 million are at risk. By early August, aid groups were trying to scale up their operations, and the United Nations began airlifting emergency food. But the two parts of southern Somalia where famine was declared are controlled by Al Shabab, a brutal Islamist group that is aligned with Al Qaeda. Many aid organizations are reluctant to venture into Shabab areas because of the obvious dangers."


http://topics.nytimes.com/topics/reference/timestopics/subjects/f/famine/index.html



Where are human rights here? People have the right to food. Why are they dying of starvation? Why Al Shabab is denying to the population this elemental right? Why doesn't he help them? 

In my country there's a lot of problems. I don't even want to think about them. However, we are so much privileged. Of course we don't have all the human rights... but at least, we can feed ourselves. The situation it's different.. but I can't tell you why. Really, I don't know why the world it's divided up in this way.. I wish I could know it because I would try to change it. We can help them, but Al Shabab is making it more difficult... 

Today, as almost everyday, I'm in a pessimistic way and I don't see any solution... because we need to change world's system and it's unlikely. However, we can fight for a better way of life, of course, as ONGs does!!

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada