dimecres, 18 d’abril del 2012

Spanish King Juan Carlos sorry for Botswana hunt trip

"King Juan Carlos has apologised to the Spanish people for going on a hunting trip in Africa while his country was in the midst of an economic crisis.
His trip to Botswana, which was widely criticised, emerged after he was flown home for treatment for a fractured hip. He broke his hip falling on a step and was flown home by private jet. He underwent hip replacement surgery on Saturday.

"I'm very sorry, I made a mistake. It won't happen again," he said, as he left San Jose hospital in Madrid. It was widely reported that he had been hunting elephants, which the royal house has neither confirmed nor denied.

After news of his visit to Botswana was revealed, many Spanish newspapers published a photo of the king dating back to 2006, in which he is seen standing with a gun beside a dead elephant. The king, 74, is honorary president of the Spanish branch of conservation group WWF and an online petition calling for his resignation had accumulated almost 85,000 signatures by the time he made his public apology."



I have been thinking about this news but I couldn't understand... why? Why is this man killing elephants in Botswana? Maybe it would be better if one of these incredibles animals had squashed him. Well, first of all... why is this man Spain's King? I don't know why we have to have a monarchy... For God's sake, we are living in the 21th century!  I really felt extremely annoyed when I read the news. I'm totally against monarchy but they could be better. But no... one of them is stealing us, another shoots their feets... but killing elephants in Botswana!!! That's so much for me. What's the problem with this family? Why have we to pay them? Is anyone of them smart???!! 

Apart from that, he was president of the Spanish branch of WWF!! What a shame, that's so disgusting. And then he apologizes his acts! You haven't got to make it and that's all! What a hypocrisy...

I don't like my country. I hate the fact that in my passport appears "Spanish Nationality". I don't feel myself as spanish, I have never felt this way. We have to evolute NOW! We have always been behind other countries as France or Deutschland.... why? I know it's Franco's fault in part. But what more? Is it for religion, spanish people thoughts, monarchy...? Pleaseee, Francesc Macià and Lluís Companys... come back!!!

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada