divendres, 27 d’abril del 2012

MY EASTER HOLIDAYS IN GALÍCIA


Last Easter I went to Galícia with my grandparents, my brother and his girlfriend. I loved that trip! Really, I loooove to travel.  I think you learn a lot of things when you're traveling... I like to know other cultures, food, ways of thinking... it's interesting. My conclusion of Galicia is that there people is more friendly than here... but I understand why.


We started our trip at 9 am. Oh my God... we stayed into the car a lot of time!! First day, we drove to Sant Sebastià. Although I had been there before, I enjoyed it. Second day we went to Sanxenxo, in Pontevedra (Galícia). We stayed a lot of time more into the car... But it was entertained because landscapes were extremely beautifuls!! And we were listening to the music, so the trip wasn't so hard. 


I fell in love with Galícia. Landscapes, food, people, little towns,... I really enjoyed a lot. I liked more villages than cities. For example, the part of Rías Baixas was AMAZING. I didn't want to go away from there. Little towns near the sea were nice.. what a wonderful place to live in!


Firstly, we went to Santiago de Compostela. What a beautiful cathedral! I ate typical Santiago's cake... I loved it!! Then we went to Pontevedra. 


On the second day in Galicia we went to Rias Baixas, as I said. Little villages and islands as La Toja (where I bought the famous soap!), O Grove (we went on a ship where they gave us a lot of mussels), Cambados, Arousa Island (there was a lighthouse in the middle of the rocks), and finally, Combarro (in that town there were a lot of "hórreos"). There you can see some photos:


 This church is made with a lot of shells! (La Toja)

 Me in Arousa Island

One of the typical "hórreos" of Galícia (Combarro)

We went also to Tuy (the last galician's town) and to Portugal, in a fortified village. One funny anecdote is that in Portugal we found... "Licor de Merda!" I saw it before in Buenafuente's TV programme... but I laughed a lot! The best part is that in the label it is written: "Extracted from reliable shit". Moreover, "year" in portuguese is called "ano"... Extracted from reliable shit, Ano 1875. My gosh! 
Here you are: 



Our last visit in Galicia was Finisterre (Costa da Morte). I really loved it! It was a quiet place, on the sea... very inspirational... So next day we started our return trip. We stopped in Burgos, where we slept. People seemed to be cold and distant compared with Galícia... but it's a colossal city and I liked it a lot! 

In summary, here you can see a bit of my travel. I want to travel more and more!!

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada