dilluns, 14 de novembre del 2011

Tintin enters the third dimension

"More than 80 years since Tintin first appeared in print in Belgium, the roving boy reporter has been transformed for the big screen by Steven Spielberg. Creator and illustrator Herge's pen lines have been brought to life by 3D and performance capture techniques, in an animated movie that takes the comic book hero firmly off the page.

Actor Jamie Bell, who provides the voice and human movement for the Belgian icon, is adamant that Tintin "deserves" such treatment and calls Spielberg "the only guy who could have made this movie". "In the comic books he's not a living, breathing person. In the film, every strand of his quiff moves," explains the British star. He also reveals that while performing the actors, including Andy Serkis and Daniel Craig, had frames from the original cartoons pasted around their studio "so we could look directly at the source".


Michael Farr is a leading light on Tintin who knew Herge and has written extensively on the subject. "Herge was terribly interested in new technology and a film buff. I think he would have been very excited by the new film. "When I was writing his biography I found among his papers a note he had written three months before he died [in 1983] which said if there's one person who can bring Tintin successfully to the screen, it's this young American director - and he meant Steven Spielberg," Mr Farr explains."


http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-15371733


Peter Jackson, Tintín and Steven Spielberg 



I have already seen the new movie about Tintin. I have to say that's AWESOME. I really recomend it to everyone, included if they are not fans of Tintin. For example, I have read a lot of comics about Tintin and I have seen also some episodes. But I never considered myself a fan (I was from Asterix team.) Even so, I have loved every minute of the movie. Not only for the story. The capture techniques have impressed me a lot. I was all the movie thinking: " Wow, what a resolution! they seem very real... incredible shots and scenes!"

It seemed to me that I was into the movie.. and I love cinema because of this. When you disappear of the world and you enter into the story of the movie, it's fantastic. A feeling that I can't describe.Hergé would be so glad because he said it: the only director who can bring Tintin in the big screen would be Steven Spielberg.  And he has done a great job! (with the collaboration of Peter Jackson as the productor... I really get interested when I heard that Peter participated in the movie.. he's one of my favorites film makers! 








Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada