divendres, 18 de novembre del 2011

ORAL PRESENTATION - BRITISH HUMOUR

VIDEO




TRANSCRIPTION OF MY PART:

We have chose this theme because it seemed to us funny and interesting to learn about. Well, after search the information we can describe english humour in one photo, that is this one. We can see their absurdity and exaggeration.

British humour is a general term applicated to certain comedic motifs that come from the United Kingdom. It has a lot of sarcasm and irony, and so many times it seems insensitive to other cultures. The jokes are told about everything and nothing is taboo. Elvira will explain it better after. It can be called a virtue because maybe there's people who don't understand it or simply don't find it funny.

For the other hand, this humour can seem disconcerting to non-British people. So many times people don't understand it because it's an intelligent humour or because it talks about british things. Although in some nations such as South Africa, New Zealand, Australia and Canada, tend to find it more familiar, so they use it normally in their lifes and they find it very funny.

We can't say when was british humour born exactly. But it's something you could see in Shakespeare's theatrical comedies in the sixteenth century as:
  • The Comedy of errors
  • The Tempest
  • The Merchant of Venice
You could also found it in Oscar Wilde's work, which the most important is called The Importance of Being Earnest.

One example of television programmes typical of British humour are The Monty Python or Benny Hill. They have become very pouplar outside the country, all the world knows them.

The Monty Phyton was a British surreal comedy group who have been very important in the comedy. One of his movies are Life of Brian. For the other hand, Benny Hill was an English comedian and actor, notabe for his television programme The Benny Hill Show.

So we can deduce that it appeared first in books and in the theatre. Now, we can see it also in the radio, comedy clubs, television,... included in the art! The most representant of it is the artist Beryl Cook. You can see it in this photo, where appears a parodie of british people and their stereotypes, that is one of the themes of british humour.


SELF EVALUATION

In my opinion I have to improve my pronunciation and try to read less. I hope someday I can do my oral presentation without a paper to read... but I think it's imposible (well, difficult) because I hate to feel observed and listened for a lot of people, even if I know them since a long time ago. For me that's the most important thing I have to improve. I can't be always so shy, I have to believe in myself... but it's very difficult for me.

But although I have read, in my opinion that's the oral presentation I have read less! 


ANECDOTE
People laughed more when they saw Yao Ming's face than in the jokes!

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada