divendres, 25 de febrer del 2011

A wonderful and mysterious Opera

The Phantom of the Opera (2004) it's a wonderful musical which was directed by Joel Schumacher, with the collaboration of Andrew Lloyd Webber. It's an adaptation of the book wrote by Gastón Leroux.

The Opera of Paris prepares the premiere of his spectacle, but a mystery is hiding behind the scenes: the Phantom. No one knows who he is, but their appearances are more frequents and that sows panic among the public. Only Christine, a young dancer, can approach to him: the Phantom is his singing teacher. He's deeply in love with her, but she don't know it.

Is an espectacular movie. The effects, music, setting... It has an important paper in the movie. The music is awesome. It's striking and peaceful at the same time. 

The setting of the Opera is well fitted, it seems 100% the authentic Opera of Paris. 
In my opinion, the greates scenes of the movie is at the begginig, when the Opera returns at his original state, and when the big chandelier fall down. In this scenes, there are a spectacular music and effects.

I must add the work of the actors. They have a lot of energy in this movie, or it seems. Gerard Butler (the Phantom), has a lot of potential when he sings. He puts into his character 100%, and he expresses their feelings very good. 

Another great thing, are the costumes. There is a scene when they sing a song called: "Masquerade", that's incredible. All they wear beautiful costumes and masks. In general, all the costumes that appear in the movie are fascinating.  


What I didn't like is a great question: I can't find the answer! When I saw this movie, fascinated me in all respects. The characters, the music, the setting, the planes of the camera... 
Maybe I'm disappoint with the character of Christine Daaé. I think that she's very insecure, I mean, she never know what she wants. I hate that she doesn't have clear ideas. 

In summarize, I think that's a movie that all who loves music and cinema have to see it, because it's a masterpiece.




TRAILER: 

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada