dimarts, 15 de febrer del 2011

Goya 2011, the speech of Álex de la Iglesia.

"[...]A movie isn't a movie, until someone sits in front and watch it. The essence of the cinema, defines itself in two concepts: a screen and people who enjoys it. Without public, it hasn't no sense, we can't never forget it. They say that I've caused a crisis. Crisis, in Greek, means process or change. And the change, is action.

We are in a point of no return, and it's the moment to act; there's no reverse. Of the decisions which are taken now, all depends. Nothing that were useful before, is useful now. The laws of the game have been changed. [...]... that something called Internet, would rebel the market of the cinema in this shape. [...]

Internet isn't the future, as someone thinks. Internet is the present. Internet is the way to comunicate, of share information,  entertainment and culture, that use hundred millions of people. Internet is part of our lifes, and the new window which opens our mind to the world. At the netsurfer don't like that they call him so. They are citizens, they are just people. They are our public. This public, that we've lost, don't go to the cinema because they are in front of a computer screen. I want to say that we aren't afraid of Internet, because Internet is the salvation of our cinema. [...]

I want to say goodbye in my last performance as president, remembering at all the candidates of the Goya one thing: who cares win or lose, if we can make cinema, work on what we love? There's anything better that feeling free creating, and share this happinness with the rest. We are moviemakers, we create stories. We create worlds because the spectator lives into them. We are more than 30.000 persons that are lucky to live making dreams. [...]




This is a part of the speech that made Alex de la Iglesia in the Goya Festival of 2011.
De la Iglesia, in his speech alluded his intervention at the polemic created for this decision to abandon his position in disagreement with the law Sinde. 

The director of the Cinema Academy, that night, in addition choose of 15 goyas for the movie "Balada triste de trompeta", has claimed a new model of market that takes into account the actors, directors, producers, broadcasters and users. A change that involves a way to understand the cinema.

He remember again that Internet is the salvation of cinema. "We only just win the future, if we are who change, who anticipate."


- I'm totally agree with De la Iglesia. Also, it's very encouraging for me, because I want to study cinema. So this speech have motivated me, because before I saw my future very dark, without start.
It's hopeful that there are people like Álex yet. 

I've seen a lot of movies for Internet. And it's culture, because I've seen a lot that now are very important to me. When I saw Edward Scissorhands, Big Fish, Across the Universe, Ed Wood, etc. it was through Internet. And the major part of the movies that I've seen in Internet and that I have liked them, I have bought them after. So, where's the problem? If I hadn't got any webs where see movies, maybe I would never knew them, and I would never bought them. But Sinde can't understand it.
DEATH TO LAW SINDE!

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada