dimecres, 1 de febrer del 2012

ORAL PRESENTATION ABOUT MY RESEARCH PAPER


TRANSCRIPTION:

Hello everybody. My name is Natàlia Sellés and now I'm going to talk about my Research Paper: The Art of Tim Burton. Well, first of all I have always been fascinated by Tim Burton.  When I was a child one of my favorites was The Nightmare Before Christmas (even though it is directed by Henry Selick). As I got older, my admiration has increased a lot. So my Research Project was divided in three parts: 

About Tim Burton: I talked about his biography, style, thematic, influences,.... 
Analyze of movies: I have analyzed some of his movies: Edward Scissorhands, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Vincent, Beetlejuice and Alice in Wonderland.
Finally, I created a shortmovie in stop-motion with the most important characteristics of Burton.

For my shortmovie, first of all I elaborated the script and the storyboard. Afterwards I designed the set and the characters, and finally I could start to record. In parallel of my work, some friends helped my for the voices of the characters and my friend Víctor Luis made the soundtrack with piano. 

There, you can see some photos about the filming and mounting. For the characters, I made first and wire structure and after that I modeled it with clay. For example here you can see my friend Pau Jordi recording one of the voices and me preparing one of the sets. 

Well, you can see the characters of my shortmovie: Vincent's clown, Rawiora and her dog and Edward. In the shortmovie I used the names Edward, Víctor and Vincent because Tim Burton use them a lot in his movies. There you can see the monster Mr. Shawder, the dog called Tim, the Nowhere Girl, and well that's a toy I have in my home of Jack Skellington (Nightmare Before Christmas) who I decided to put in my shortmovie. And finally, Víctor.

My conclusion of the Research Paper is that the style of Tim Burton has characterized him as an artist, his own style let him to have a place in the cinematographic world and also in the story of cinema. And finally I have increased my knowledge about cinema and I have aplicated it in my shortmovie. 

Well, that's my oral presentation and now I will show you a video of some scenes of my shortmovie. 



SELF EVALUATION:

I think it's the first time I haven't read in an oral presentation in english. So for me it has been so important! But I have to improve my pronunciation a lot... Now I've just listened it and I have found some mistakes.  For example, I have said admirature instead of admiration, or I have used the past in a wrong way (As I get older -> As I got older). Moreover, sometimes I have said his instead of her. And I use a lot the word: WELL. All the time I'm saying: Well... okay, well.... 

In the end, I have said: I will show you... it should be: I'm going to show you. 
So here you are. I've done a lot of mistakes, but I think I have improved a lot too. It's so difficult for me to talk in front of people, I can't express myself very well. For me, every oral presentation is a challenge... 

ANECDOTE:

My voice was so sweet :)

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada