dimecres, 15 de febrer del 2012

IRISH ACTOR DAVID KELLY DIES AGED 82

Irish stage and screen actor David Kelly, known for films such as Tim Burton's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, has died aged 82. (February 12th)

Dublin-born Kelly also played feckless builder Mr O'Reilly in Fawlty Towers but is perhaps best remembered for riding a motorbike naked in the comedy Waking Ned. He earned a Screen Actors' Guild nomination for the 1998 film. In a 50-year career, Kelly's roles ranged from the dramatic to the comedic.

In 2005, he received a life­time achieve­ment award at the Irish Film and Tele­vi­sion Awards. The same year, he was seen by cinema audiences as Grandpa Joe Bucket in Burton's adaptation of Roald Dahl's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, opposite Johnny Depp.

Kelly's final film role was in the 2007 British fantasy film Stardust, as a deceptively nimble, high-kicking wall guard.

His friend, Ballykissangel star Niall Toibin, told the Press Association: "He was a hilarious man. He had an outlook on life that was slightly skewed and made you laugh all the time."


Charlie and the Chocolate Factory



I was very surprised when I read the news. Really, I've only seen Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie of him as an actor, but the news affected me. When you see him in the movie, he brings you hapiness and hope! He always makes me laugh. Well, in the news you can see what said his friend Niall Toibin... David had to be a real nice person. I think I will watch some of his movies! 

I really love his acting, I think it seems so natural. For me, he will always be Charlie's grandpa :) I'm so thankful for it. 

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada