dimarts, 26 d’abril del 2011

Eleanor Rigby

Eleanor Rigby is a song of the Beatles that I love. It appears in the movie "Yellow Submarine" and it talks about a woman called Eleanor Rigby, who's thinking about all the lonely people. The name of Eleanor Rigby has a curious story. Paul had as a objective a name for one song that would be publicated in the next album of the band, Revolver. At first he took the first name, Eleanor, because the name of the actrice Eleanor Born, and after the name of Rigby, for a shop of Bristol.

Paul was very suprised when he saw the name of Eleanor Rigby in a tomb,  in the cementery of Woolton. It appeared too the name of McKenzie, who in the song is the priest of the church when the story happens.

The song  caught my atention because it's very strange. The Beatles normally played happy songs which talked about love. The style and the lyrics were different... 

I guess that this song impressed me because I'm like Eleanor Rigby in some aspects. Since always I have been in my own world seeing the outside without understand the most of things. I always have been asking about the people: who are, where are they going, what are their destiny? 

Apart from that, the melody is incredible. It makes me dream... it's very powerful and melancolic at the same time! I don't know how the Beatles could do that.. but they were very incredible... 



Someday I'll record a short film about it :_)

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada